Join the community
Go to Linkedin page »
During the project various deliverables, papers and presentations will be published in this section.
- D1.1 Mediating between human driver and automation - state-of-the art and knowledge gaps
- D1.2 Behavioural markers for degraded human performance
- D1.3 Quantified markers for degraded automation performance
- D1.4 Mediator System and Functional Requirements
- D1.5 HMI Functional Requirements
- D2.9 Final integrated lab prototype
- D2.10 Final in-vehicle prototypes
- D2.11 Functional and technical specifications of the Mediator system
- D3.2 Simulation of Decision Making in the Mediator System
- D3.3 Results of the MEDIATOR driving simulator evaluation studies
- D3.4 Results of the on-road studies
- D3.5 Integration of Evaluation Results from the MEDIATOR Studies
- D4.1 Assessment of safety and related
- D4.2 Guidelines safe HMI design
- D4.3 Guidelines monitoring degraded driver performance
- D4.4 Protocol for low-cost laboratory testing
- D4.5 Overview of MEDIATOR recommendations legal and regulatory aspects
- D5.2 Project leaflet
- D5.3 Introduction video
- D5.6 Final results video
- D5.7 Final results brochure
- D5.8 Final event aftermovie
- D5.9 Exploitation roadmap road transport
- D5.10 Exploitation roadmap aviation, maritime, rail
- Anna Aldea, Angelica M. Tinga, Ilse M. Van Zeumeren, Nicole Van Nes, Michiel Christoph, Elmer van Grondelle, Diane Cleij (2022).
Development and evaluation of a human machine interface to support
mode awareness in different automated driving modes
- Anna Aldea, Angelica M. Tinga, Ilse M. Van Zeumeren, Nicole Van Nes, Doris Aschenbrenner (2022).
Virtual Reality Tool for Human-Machine Interface Evaluation and Development (VRHEAD)
- Angelica M. Tinga, Diane Cleij, Reinier J. Jansen, Sander van der Kint, Nicole van Nes (2022). Published in Transportation Research Part F: Traffic Psychology and Behaviour: Human machine interface design for continuous support of mode awareness
during automated driving: An online simulation, doi: doi.org/10.1016/j.trf.2022.03.020
- Kim, S., Van Grondelle, E., Van Zeumeren, I., Mirnig, A. G., & Stojmenova, K. (2022, September). Let's Negotiate with Automation: How can Humans and HMIs Negotiate Disagreement on Automated Vehicles?. In Adjunct Proceedings of the 14th International Conference on Automotive User Interfaces and Interactive Vehicular Applications (pp. 179-181).
- Van Miltenburg, M. M., Lemmers, D. J., Tinga, A., Christoph, M., & Zon, R. (2022, September). Can EEG Measurements be Used to Estimate the Performance of Taking over Control from an Autonomous Vehicle for Different Levels of Distracted Driving? An Explorative Study. In Adjunct Proceedings of the 14th International Conference on Automotive User Interfaces and Interactive Vehicular Applications (pp. 20-24).
- Boguslavsky, D., Chassidim, H., Jiaqi, L., Borowsky, A. (2022). Effect of engagement with a Trivia game on driver’s sleepiness and behavioural adaptation in a partially automated vehicle. Proceedings of the 8th International conference on driver distraction and inattention.
- Beggiato, M., Rauh, N., & Krems, J. (2022). Multi-camera Face Tracking for Estimating User’s Discomfort with Automated Vehicle Operations. In W. Karwowski, T. Ahram, M. Milicevic, D. Etinger, & K. Zubrinic (Eds.), Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on Human Systems Engineering and Design (IHSED2021), 23.-25. September 2021, doi: 10.54941/ahfe1001104 (open access).
- Noa Zangi, Rawan Srour-Zreik, DanaRidel, Hadas Chasidim and Avinoam Borowsky (2022). Published in Accident Analysis & Prevention: Driver distraction and its effects on partially automated driving performance.
- Ahlström, C., Zemblys, R., Jansson, H., Forsberg, C., Karlsson, J., Anund, A. (2021). Effects of partially automated driving on the development of driver sleepiness in Accident Analysis and Prevention, doi: 10.1016/j.aap.2021.106058.
- Proceedings of TRA2020, the 8th Transport Research Arena Rethinking transport – towards clean and inclusive mobility | Book of abstracts, page 102 | Nicole van Nes, Ingrid van Schagen, Diane Cleij, Michiel Christoph, Bram Bakker
530 Towards full vehicle automation: mediating between human and technological strengths
- Beggiato, M., Rauh, N., & Krems, J. (2020). Facial Expressions as Indicator for Discomfort in Automated Driving. In T. Ahram, W. Karwowski, A. Vergnano, F. Leali, & R. Taiar (Eds.), Intelligent Human Systems Integration 2020 (pp. 932–937). Cham: Springer International Publishing. doi: 10.1007/978-3-030-39512-4_142.
- van Egmond, R., de Ridder, H., & Bakker, B. (2019). Integration of Human Information Processing Models for Human Centered AI. 1. Poster session presented at Human Factors and Ergonomics Society Europe Chapter, Nantes, France.
Read our past newsletters in the archive.